We had a great response to our July webinar! If you were not able to get your question in during the live event, please post it here for a response from the presenter."Readying Facility and Faculty; A Practical Guideline for Initiating a NCSBN-Ready Quality Simulation Program"
Mary "Mimi" S. Skinner, MSN, RN
Director of Nursing Education
Danville Area Community College
Abstract: According to the National Council of State Boards of Nursing's (NCSBN) National Simulation Study, clinical simulation can effectively replace up to 50% of traditional clinical hours. In this 60 minute webinar, Mary Skinner will provide a practical guide to developing a simulation program ready to address the NCSBN standards and implement simulation into your pre-licensure RN/BSN curriculum.
As a result of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Obtain a practical guideline for program preparation
- Define developmental policies and procedures
- Develop a checklist for technical resources
- Explain gaining buy-in from the team
- Analyze faculty development, qualifications and documentation
- Understand barriers and benefits for implementation