Wednesday, September 19 @ 2PM EST
“Evaluating Success Using Reality Therapy”
Tammy Totten, Ed.D., LPCC, NCC, CT/RTC, LCDC
Faculty Member, Walden University
Adjunct Faculty Member, University of the Cumberlands
Using Reality Therapy as a foundation, Dr. Totten will discuss ways to help clients evaluate their success in meeting their objectives or goals. The purpose of this webinar is to help you develop your skill in evaluating the attainment of “success” under the Reality Therapy umbrella. How do you define it? Measure it? How do you help clients do the same? Examples of clinical goals will be presented, and tenets of Reality Therapy will be considered as they relate to evaluating success. A case study will be presented.
Dr. Totten, a Glasser Scholar and Choice Theory/Reality Therapy Certified professional, presents this highly interactive and reflective webinar to help you understand success from a Reality Therapy theoretical orientation. Participants will leave the session with a handout that can be used with clients to assess success!
Participants will be able to:
1. Identify challenges in working with clients in establishing measurable goals
2. Help clients identify their definition of success using Basic Needs
3. Address challenges identified by both clients and clinicians
4. Utilize a model for applying Reality Therapy to setting goal
Who Should Attend:
• Those engaged in education who are interested in teaching psychotherapy and application of theoretical constructs.
• Clinicians who want to enhance their work with clients, especially in terms of clinical and client evaluation of success and goal attainment.